From the Australian Bureau of Statistics:


3 Australians die each year testing if a 9V battery works on their tongue.

142 Australians were injured in 1998 by not removing all the pins from new shirts.

31 Australians have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the lights were plugged in.

19 Australians have died in the last 3 years by eating Christmas decorations they believed were chocolate.

A massive 543 Australians were admitted to casualty in the last two years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth or eye socket. [Eye socket! I would pay to see this one.]

8 Australians cracked their skull in 1997 after falling asleep (passing out) while throwing up into the toilet.

[Courtresy of Simon Chadwick of Brisbane Australia.]


Back to Fun
Back to the grove